3 min read
October 31, 2014
Halloween is just around the corner and if you haven’t yet decided how you are going to make the most of your garden this year then read on for some spooktacular ideas.
Halloween is the perfect time to throw a spooky garden party for kids. Organise an afternoon of autumn fun and bring the magic of Halloween outdoors – it’s also a great opportunity to get to know other parents and children on your street. Choose a theme for the bash and send out some ghoulish invitations – set the atmosphere for the day with a Halloween playlist, themed decorations and gruesome treats to eat.
Make sure your garden is the eeriest on the street to ensure you spook the trick or treaters flocking to your door.
- Welcome masked guests by grouping pumpkins, spider webs, and skeletons around the entrance to your garden, with hanging flickering Halloween lanterns from your garden shed or summerhouse to light their path.
- Your flowerbeds should be relatively empty at this time of year so use the bare space to plant fake headstones to create a fun and easy graveyard scene.
- If you want to go one step further this year why not invest in a fog machine to give an eerie feeling to the nights air?
You could simply take advantage of the natural décor in your garden this year and play with the bare trees, bushes and the autumn colour scheme that already fills your garden. Alternatively try some of these fun planting ideas and fill your garden with creepy looking Halloween displays.
- Keep it simple for smaller children and get them to decorate their own small plant pot with a spooky Halloween character of their choice. Plant some cress seeds and after a few days, your ghostly face will grow ‘hair’ and can be used to contribute to your scary outdoor display.
- Choose some Halloween themed plants and flowers to plant in chalkboard pumpkins containers – fill with orange and black pansies, curly willow branches, and festive greenery.
If you want to keep things natural this year then long grass is perfect for hiding spooky surprises and glowing pumpkins – let your lawn overgrow in time for trick or treaters to arrive.
Alternatively you could set the mood with AGD Rainbow Range. It’s easy to spook things up with our colourful range of artificial carpets, which can be used to transform the entrance and exit of your Halloween garden. We can provide the most spooktacular colours for your creative Halloween designs and themes – choose from blood curdling red, pumpkin orange, ghostly white, pitch black, slime green and more!